Key elements in Attracting Anthony, a novella by Amber Kell:
- The new-to-me word “werekin” for members of the human-to-animal shapeshifter kingdom.
- The werekin have their own nightclub.
- The club is owned by a man named Silver. He is the most powerful wolf shifter in North America.
- The hero, Anthony Carrow, is so extravagantly gorgeous that he casts a pulchritude diminishing “glamour” over himself so he won’t steal attention from his friend when at the club.
- It bears repeating that the characters use “glamours”.
- If the novella had been longer, I suspect they would have used “magicks”, as well.
- Silver is so rampagingly Alpha Male that he does everything but pee in a circle around Anthony.
- An ensemble consisting of black leather pants and a silver mesh shirt is “elegant”.
- Vampires are metro-sexual real estate professionals.
- Silver thinks Anthony is a fae-witch hybrid, but what he doesn’t know yet is…
- “My grandfather is Zeus,” he mumbled.
- As an added bonus to being a fae-witch with a godhead grandpappy, Anthony can teleport.
- Anthony is “claimed” when Silver puts an ancient Egyptian bejeweled gold collar around his neck.
- While Anthony and Silver’s large age difference wasn’t creepy, the parent/child undertone to their submission and domination relationship was super creepy.
- Yes, it was free.
- No, they did not get it on as animals.
LGBTQ romance recommendations can be found here.
Links to my other reviews can be found on my complete reading list of books sorted by author or Author Commentary & The Tallies Shameful.
Tagged: Amber Kell, book reviews, LGBTQ Romance, paranormal romance, romance reviews, shape shifter
Leave a Reply