I just hated them so much! I recommend none of them.
There can be no doubt, Kresley Cole would have more entries had I continued reading her novels.
Sarina Bowen, Penny Reid, and Susan Elizabeth Phillips have the dubious distinction of being both on this list AND my recommendations list.
- Andre, Bella The Way You Look Tonight (Rafe/Brooke)
- Barrett, Jo Nothing to Commend Her (Magnus/Agatha)
- Bennett, Sawyer Alex: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Alex/Sutton)
- Berg, J.L. When You’re Ready (Logan/Clare)
- Blair, Annette Jacob’s Return (Jacob/Rachel)
- Blake, Jennifer The Tuscan’s Revenge Wedding (Nico/Amanda)
- Bliss, Chelle Throttle Me – Men of Inked Book 1 (“City” Joey/Suzy)
- Bowen, Sarina The Fifteenth Minute (DJ/Lianne)
- Boyce, Elizabeth Once a Duchess (Marshall/Isabelle)
- Brogan, Tracy Highland Surrender (Myles/Fiona)
- Butler, Eden Thin Love (Kona/Keira)
- Callihan, Kristen Idol (Killian/Libby)
- Cole, Kresley A Hunger Like No Other (Lachlain/Emma) VILE
- Cole, Kresley Macrieve (Uilliam/Chloe) VILER
- Darcy, Norma The Bluestocking and the Rake (Robert/Georgiana)
- Dee, Cara Noah (Noah/Julian)
- DiPasqua, Lila Undone (Simon/Angelica) *Worst of 2013*
- Dune, Lyla Low Tide Bikini (Brock/Sam)
- Ford, Rhys Sinner’s Gin (Kane/Miki)
- Foster, Melissa Sisters in Love (Blake/Danica) a. God b. Awful
- Garvis Graves, Tracey Heart-Shaped Hack (Ian/Kate) – Worst of 2016 Contender
- Goodger, Jane When a Duke Says I Do (Alexander/Elsie)
- Harber, Cristin Sweet Girl (Cash/Nicola)
- Hawkins, J.D. Insatiable 1 and 2 (Jax/Lizzie)
- Jackson, A.L. A Stone in the Sea (Sebastian “Baz”/Shea)
- Johnson, Julie Not You, It’s Me (Chase/Gemma)
- Kell, Amber Attracting Anthony (Silver/Anthony)
- Lee, Jade Wedded in Scandal (Robert/Helaine)
- Lilley, R.K. In Flight (James/Bianca)
- Long, Andie M. The Alphabet Game (Gabe/Stella)
- Mabie, M. Bait (Casey/Blake)
- Malone, M. Tank (“Tank” Tanner/Emma)
- McNaught, Judith Once and Always (Jason/Victoria)
- Merrow, J.L Muscling Through (Al/Larry)
- Michaels, Jess An Introduction to Pleasure: Mistress Matchmaker (Andrew/Lysandra!)
- Novark, Anna Marie The Doctor Wears a Stetson (Cameron/Jessie)
- Pamfiloff, Mimi Jean fugly (Maxwell/Lily)
- Phillips, Susan Elizabeth This Heart of Mine (Kevin/Molly) WORST HEROINE OF 2014
- Reid, Penny Elements of Chemistry (Martin/Kaitlyn)
- Reid, Penny & L.H. Cosway The Hooker and the Hermit (Ronan/Annie)
- Roberts, Holly S. Play: New Adult Sports Romance (Killian/Rebecca)
- Schone, Robin The Lady’s Tutor (Ramiel, The Bastard Sheikh/Elizabeth)
- Singh, Nalini Rock Addiction (Fox/Molly)
- Stewart, Nicole Home for Three (Selwyn/Jack/Kess)
- Vale, Vanessa Their Kidnapped Bride (Kane, Ian, Emma) Worst of the Year 2016
- Ward, JR Dark Lover (Wrath/Beth)
- Wylde, Anya Penelope (Charles/Penelope) *Most Inept of 2013*
Tagged: Annette Blair, bad romance, book reviews, erotic romance, historical fiction, kresley cole, Nalini Singh, Regency, romance, romance reviews, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, worst romance, worst romance novels
How is The Bollywood Bride by Sonali Dev not on your list? I would totally rate that lower than both Idol and Rock Addiction.
Because my reading was cursory at best.
Julien, will you please do a list of your favorite romance heroes & heroines? Favorite couples?
I started lists like these years ago and abandoned them. With your suggestion, I am starting again, I just need to decide if I need to sequence them completely.
Thank you so much! I like your recommendations. I especially like your author’s catalog. I want to know, have you read the Cynsters Series & Bastion Series by Stephanie Laurens?
I’ve heard of them and I think the Cynsters were the group I dipped into before abandoning Laurens.
[…] Alternatively: The Worst Romance Novels I Have Ever Read […]